Nothing much to say right now. I used to have links here to parents and children that took the responsibilty for educating their children other than by sending them to school. But I do not have upto date info on this.
You may post a message requesting contact with those who live in Calstock, Cornwall and elsewhere, or to air your views on education.
The Education Act
1996 Part1 Chapter 1
7. The parent of every child of compulsory school age shall cause him to receive efficient full-time education suitable-
Compulsory school age.
8. - (1) Subsections (2) and (3) apply to
determine for the purposes of any enactment whether a
person is of compulsory school age.
(2) A person begins to be of compulsory school age when he attains the age of five.
(3) A person ceases to be of compulsory school age at the end of the day which is the school leaving date for any calendar year-
(4) The Secretary of State may by order determine the day in any calendar year which is to be the school leaving date for that year.
Education in accordance with parental wishes
9. In exercising or performing all their respective powers and duties under the Education Acts, the Secretary of State, local education authorities and the funding authorities shall have regard to the general principle that pupils are to be educated in accordance with the wishes of their parents, so far as that is compatible with the provision of efficient instruction and training and the avoidance of unreasonable public expenditure.